Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pimp my vardo






While Supertroll did a mighty fine job of finishing the vardo, including sewing the cushions on the bed, seating area and curtains.....
























the color scheme was just not what I had in mind for a gypsy wagon. He finished in all in pretty neutral tones of gray and dark green - OK for a guy, but I have a VERY different color palette planned.










He did add special little touch of ivy decals on the inside that are nice... I will leave them, but of course add much much more!



The new color scheme really was inspired by a quilt I made last spring - it has really bright colors that just make me happy. It will be the perfect size for the twin bed. I also have some lovely purple fabrics that will become curtains and new seat cushion covers. I found a few small purple carpet pieces ( future plans may also include adding a nicer wooden floor)










The new exterior paint is a bright green/ deeper green, purple and bright pink trim. i'm working on trying to make it look distressed/ or like washed woodwork. need to tone it down just a bit!

I have also found many different pieces wooden scroll work at a lovely little shop - "Vintiques" in the KC City Market. I intend to copy them to make a few more pieces and they will be painted in these lovely bright colors and placed around the windows and at the bottom corners.






















No comments:

Post a Comment